- Regular SDS drill bits have 2 grooves where the bit is inserted into the drill chuck. They have a 10mm shank which is inserted 40mm into the chuck. They are 100% compatible with SDS plus drills.
- SDS plus drill bits have 4 grooves (2 open grooves, 2 closed), and can be used in regular SDS drills or SDS plus drills. The reason that SDS plus drill bits have 4 grooves is to support to extra torque that the SDS plus drill provides. They have a 10mm shank which is inserted 40mm into the chuck. They can be used in SDS hammer drills up to around 4kg in weight.
- Not designed for drilling into steel structures as the bits are not adapted for that purpose.
- When drilling do not jam the drill bit into hole.
- Ensure that you do not use long excessive extension leads.