Explore Our Tools
- Mow away from the cord.
- Never abuse the cord or use a frayed cord.
- Always turn off the mower when you leave it and unplug the cord directly from the outlet; never unplug by yanking the cord from the wall.
- Never use an electric mower when wet or raining.
- Be sure to take the right safety precautions before you mow.
- Never attempt to lift or repair mower with engine running.
- When mowing with a walk-behind mower, wear heavy-duty shoes with non-slip soles and long pants to protect your legs.
- Always wear eye protection when operating a mower.
- Don’t mow a wet lawn or late in the day when the light is dim.
- Never let the starter rope snap back when starting mower.
- Always mow up and down an incline with a traditional (i.e. unit with steering wheel) riding mower.
- Always mow across an incline with a residential walk-behind mower.
- Never adjust mower height, clean grass chute, or remove grass catcher with engine running.
- Always stay clear of hot engine. Mufflers can reach up to 648 degrees celsius.
- Cutting the grass too short causes weak, thin grass plants, which are easily damaged by dry periods and pests.
- Letting grass grow a bit longer—especially when it is hot and dry—reduces heat build-up, preserves needed moisture and protects the grass from heat damage and other problems.
- A good rule of thumb is the one third rule: to cut no more than one third of the grass height, and never more than one inch at a time.
- Machines are not insured, if not returned you will need to pay for the full replacement.
- Make sure you know how to use the tools. Ask if you need help, our friendly staff will assist. Also, make sure of safety requirements.
- Hires are charged for time out – not time used. Minimum 1 day (1 day = 24 hrs)
- Scaffold is charged weekly, all other tools daily.
- Tools must be returned Clean please. e.g., if you paint onto a ladder, we charge for cleaning.
- Negligent damages get charged separately.
- Consumables not used, may be returned for refund.
- Only use heavy-duty extension leads, not thin household leads.
- If you pay by cash we can refund in cash, if you pay by card we refund onto the card. (we can't refund onto debit cards) - Card refunds can take up to 10 days.
- Weekend hire starts after 2 pm Friday until 9 am Monday = 1day charge. ( Sundays are free) If you are late on Monday it is for 2 days.
- If you keep machines for a long time we can give you a better rate, discuss with your hire controller in store.