Explore Our Tools
Drill Magnetic Base
Drill Magnetic Base
Read these instructions carefully before operating
- Careless or improper use of this equipment may result in serious or fatal injury.
- Always wear eye, head and ear protection equipment, when using this tool.
- Always wear heavy clothing, boots and gloves. Do not wear loose clothing, short pants, sandals etc. and ensure that long hair is tied up above shoulder length.
- Do not operate this equipment when tired, ill or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication.
- Never allow an inexperienced person operate this equipment.
- Never operate the equipment in damp, or water logged area.
- Keep all carrying handles and levers free from oil.
- Inspect the entire piece of equipment before use.
- Replace damaged components, lubricate where necessary and ensure that all fasteners are secure.
- Always use a safety chain to secure the equipment when it is being used above the ground.
- Use only accessories that have been recommended by the manufacturer. Failure to do so could result in damage to the tool and may invalidate the warranty.
- Never modify the tooling in any way. Do not use your equipment for any job other than for which it is intended.
- Ensure that the unit is disconnected from the power before working on the machine.
- Mark the centre of the required hole.
- Position the Machine.
- Ensure that the work piece is clean and flat. Position the machine by aligning the pilot with the holes centre mark.
- Fit the safety chain.
- Connect the machine to the power source.
- Switch on the power
- Energize the magnet.
- Apply Coolant
- Using cutting oil can increase the tool life and ensures that the slug is ejected cleanly.
- Start Cutting
- Increase pressure until motor is loaded then maintain steady pressure until cut is complete.
- Finish Cutting
- NOTE: – Applying too much pressure will not speed the cut, it will reduce the life of the tool and may cause damage to the motor.
- If swarf becomes blue in colour then more cutting oil is required.
- If the power is interrupted during the cut, the magnet must be reset before the motor will restart.
We have the following Size Core Bores to purchase for use with this tool.14 x 30 mm 18 x 30 mm 22 x 30 mm 30 x 55 mm 32 x 30 mm
- Machines are not insured, if not returned you will need to pay for the full replacement.
- Make sure you know how to use the tools. Ask if you need help, our friendly staff will assist. Also, make sure of safety requirements.
- Hires are charged for time out – not time used. Minimum 1 day (1 day = 24 hrs)
- Scaffold is charged weekly, all other tools daily.
- Tools must be returned Clean please. e.g., if you paint onto a ladder, we charge for cleaning.
- Negligent damages get charged separately.
- Consumables not used, may be returned for refund.
- Only use heavy-duty extension leads, not thin household leads.
- If you pay by cash we can refund in cash, if you pay by card we refund onto the card. (we can't refund onto debit cards) - Card refunds can take up to 10 days.
- Weekend hire starts after 2 pm Friday until 9 am Monday = 1day charge. ( Sundays are free) If you are late on Monday it is for 2 days.
- If you keep machines for a long time we can give you a better rate, discuss with your hire controller in store.